As the first educators of a child, parents have the primary responsibility and duty to forge a strong
emotional, spiritual and intellectual base for their child's growth, inculcating a strong system of
values and attitudes.
AT HOME :
- You are requested to pay special attention to the personal hygiene and cleanliness of your child and wearing of clean and proper uniform to school daily.
- Cultivate healthy eating habits. Too much of junk food, pickles and very oily food in the tiffin of your child must be avoided. Diet plays a major role in the physical well being of a child. Kindly provide a small fork/spoon if needed. The tiffin napkin should be provided daily
- Ensure healthy sleeping habits. A set time to go to bed and to wake up (ensuring a minimum of 8 hours of sleep) is essential for the healthy growth of a child.
- Spend a few moments everyday to talk to your children. Make an effort to support them in their school and other extracurricular activities.
- Offer praise and encouragement always. Cultivate a warm and supporting atmosphere, so your child will be comforted in times of disappointment and stress.
- Set the standard for academic achievement, encourage hard work and perseverance.
- Communicate living values such as honesty, responsibility for actions and self reliance equipping them with a chance to make good decisions.
- Set aside a specific time for study– a minimum of 2½ hours of daily homework time.
- Use the TV wisely. Choose the programmes suitable for the age group of your child and select programmes you may view together as family entertainment.
- Read with and to your child. Reading expands and opens the child's mind and develops in them a sense of confidence through knowledge which will sustain them for the rest of their lives.
- Every child is special with unique talents and abilities. Encourage them to develop as individuals with a sense of pride in themselves.